Write For Us
Write For Us: Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in writing for Confetti Travel Café. We welcome submissions by freelance writers and photographers.
Send all proposals to email@example.com.
What We’re Looking For:
- We’re interested in articles on places and sites, festivals, travel lifestyle, travel tips, and how-to pieces, food and drink recipes or instructional cooking pieces, people profiles, and personal travel stories and essays. If it’s related to travel, food and to some extent, lifestyle, we’re interested.
- Great photos matter. Photography is an important part of telling your story. Personal photos are preferred. Alternatively, photos may be sourced from DMOs, CCBs, and businesses. Permission for their use must be obtained. We will cite the name of the business or photographer, as preferred. Please discuss photos with us at the time of your initial query.
- Length: Short pieces can range from 500 to 800 words, feature articles are from 800 to 2,500 words. The topic should determine the length; above all, we’re looking for succinct, well-written pieces that tell a good story.
- We will consider photo galleries and travel video posts.
- Posts must be the writer’s original work.
- Writers retain rights to their article and to their photos, but allow us to publicize their article through regular social media or other means.
- We respectfully reserve the right to edit articles. We also reserve the right to reject any article we feel is not a good fit for us.
- Writers agree that inclusion and placement of submitted photos remain at the discretion of the Editors.
- At this time, Confetti Travel Café cannot pay for submissions. A contributor archive will showcase your work here. Your photo and bio box will appear with all articles.
- We make every effort to respond to writers promptly and welcome you to our community of writers.
To Submit A Story Idea:
- Send us a query. Include a brief description of your idea, proposed story length, photo availability, and expected availability for submission.
- Please include a short bio, your social media handles, and a link or two to something else you’ve written.
To Submit Your Assigned Story:
- Submit your article via email in a Word document, using Time New Roman, 12 point font size, left-justified paragraphs.
- Do not embed photos in your text, but do let us know where you recommend photo placement. (“PLACE __ PHOTO HERE,” for example.)
- Include between eight to fifteen .jpg photos. One photo will appear as the title/header photo, and may be used on our home page slider. That photo will need to be a landscape photo, with a higher resolution. Photos should be sized to about 300 KB, or no more than 1 meg each. Personal photos preferred. Sourced photos are acceptable only as initially discussed. Writer ensures that proper permissions for use have been obtained. Please state how sourced photos should be credited.
- Please include a short bio (50 words or less) and a headshot of yourself. You may include one link to your own website.
Submission Guidelines (.PDF)