The Tasting Room at House Spirits Distillery in Portland, Oregon offers drink mixes, bitters, bar tools, and gift items, as well as—of course—spirits from their product line. You can also enjoy one of the seasonal House Spirits Distillery cocktail recipes. Here, House Spirits shares a couple of those recipes.
Take a distillery tour that includes tastings after the tour.
Or just stop in for tastings and a kick back and relax with friends.
House Spirits Distillery Cocktail Recipes
Try one of these two cocktails: Be a Pineapple and the Mixco Mule. Cheers!
Be a Pineapple
- 1.5 oz Krogstad Festlig Aquavit*
- .75 oz Pok Pok Som Pineapple Drinking Vinegar*
- 4 oz Soda Water*
- Bitter Housewife Lime-Coriander Bitters*
- In a Collins glass, combine spirit & mixer. Add ice & top with soda water. Garnish with lime bitters.
- 1.5 oz Casa Magdalena Ron Blanco*
- .75 oz Portland Soda Works Ginger Syrup*
- .75 oz Pok Pok Som Buddha’s Hand-Ginger Drinking Vinegar*
- .5 oz Fresh lime juice
- In a shaker tin, add spirits & mixers. Add ice & shake vigorously. Strain into a coupe glass or ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with lime zest.
(*items available for purchase in House Spirits’ Tasting Room)
Notes on Cocktail Ingredients
(* Items available for purchase at the House Spirits’ Tasting Room )
These recipes use a few special ingredients you can find at the House Spirits Tasting Room. You’ll also find them online or possibly at your local stores. The Pok Pok Som line of drinking vinegars and sodas come from Portland Chef Andy Ricker. Some of the flavors include Thai Basil, Ginger, Pomegranate, and Tamarind, in addition to the flavors used in these recipes. If you haven’t discovered drinking vinegars, do look into them. I use them in cocktails, mocktails, and just on their own, diluted with sparkling water. (I also make a few flavors myself.) Sodas and bitters are also enjoying an artisan revival. Portland Soda Works and Bitter Housewife products are also small-batch, locally crafted products that produce unique flavors and use high-quality ingredients. Bitters and syrups can really add a lot to a cocktail’s aroma and flavor. Try these or seek out your own local brands.
- House Spirits Distillery, https://housespirits.com/
- Pok Pok Som, https://pokpoksom.com/
- Portland Soda Works, https://portlandsyrups.com/
- Bitter Housewife Bitters, https://impropergoods.com/
- On our site: From Grain-To-Glass: A House Spirits Distillery Tour
-Photos by Nancy Zaffaro and Otis Graham, as credited.