A finely crafted cocktail is a beautiful thing, and we love the creativity of this creation from xPort Bar & Lounge. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon’s Porter Hotel, it’s a great addition to the city’s vibrant bar scene. At xPort, you’ll find a menu of globally-inspired small plates and cocktails with all the freshness of the Beets Per Minute cocktail recipe below.
I love the idea of relaxing at the one of the fireplaces on their two outdoor decks or sitting indoors while the colors rotate on the LED ceiling light fixture. Indoors or out—and Portland weather permitting—the views are great. Take a look at what travel and food writer Jaimi Truhler has to say about her visit to xPort.
But if you can’t get there, try making this cocktail and enjoying it right in your own home.
Beets Per Minute Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz DL Franklin vodka
- 1/2 oz Saler’s Gentian Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Beet Shrub* (see recipe below)
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup (1:1 sugar/water ratio)
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 oz Krogstad Aquavit
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a coup and garnish with a lemon zest.
- 1/2 cup fresh beet juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Blend in blender and bottle. This beet shrub will last a few weeks in the refrigerator.
- The Porter Hotel, Xport Bar and Lounge, Portland, Oregon
- On our site: Xport Bar & Lounge: Inventive Drinks and Expansive Views
-Cover photo by Jaimi Truhler.